Monday, September 29, 2008

New toy!


It feels like Christmas here - I just got my new Holga camera in the mail! Holgas fall into the category of "toy cameras" - inexpensive plastic cameras that are fairly simple in design (however it's because of this simple/cheap construction that the cameras take the surreal types of photos they're known for.) Unexpected blurs, light leaks, distortions, and vignetting are all part of the surprise. Don't they say there's beauty in the flaws?

Check out this Holga Camera pool on flickr for more…

3 comments:

Adam said...

that looks so rad.

Rachel said...

I have a Holga...you never know what you are doing...and supposedly you need to tape it all up or light will overexpose the film. I actually have a roll in my Holga that has been there for 3 years!!! hm....

Leigh Anna said...

I want one of those...can't wait to see what you get!